Another great event using open space technology (OST) brought together a diverse group of like minded people willing to be generous with their time, expertise, insight, and ability to listen and learn from each other. We discussed the following question – how do we create a culture of research and innovation?
Our answers included:
- Talk about R&I in terms of ‘bright ideas’
- Think about emulating Google by encouraging teams to spend 20% of their time reflecting, engaging, and collaborating
- Creating stories that help others to see how they can be involved and how R&I can make a real impact
- Give examples of using, participating, and doing to make R&I relevant to family, friends and peers
- Use language that makes research and innovation ‘less scary’
Just a start and more to come – find out a little more about what happened on the day https://storify.com/SuFowlerJohnson/leading-cultures-of-change-and-innovation-facilita#publicize